- Sri Moyukh Bhaduri, takes over Charge as Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited from 12th June, 2013. He was holding the additional charge of the post of Chairman & Managing Director along with being Director (Finance) so far.
- Sri B. Siddhartha Kumar has taken over the additional charge as Chief Vigilance Officer in HSCL on 14.5.2013.
- In persuasion of further computerization of business process, system of issuance of payslip through e-mail has been introduced from the month of January, 2013.
- HSCL is all set to enter into mining projects as Mine Developer and Operator (MDO). Tie up with one of the expert agencies has been concluded for business cooperation in this field. Some more tie up proposals are also under consideration.
- The Company is planning to enter into Coal & Coke trading business also in the near future.
- HSCL was rated ‘Very Good’ by DPE in the MOU assessment for the Year 2011-12. In Corporate Governance HSCL was rated “Excellent” by DPE.
- HSCL scales greater heights in all the performance parameters during 2011-12.
- The Annual Accounts for 2011-12 was adopted in the 48th Annual General Meeting on 29.09.2012.
- The company reported a top line growth of 21.27% during 2011-12 with a total income of Rs.1208.23 Cr. against Rs. 996.30 Crore achieved during 2010-11.
- The operational profit went up by 16.13% to Rs. 82.70 Crore in 2011-12 as against Rs 71.21 Crore in 2010-11.
- The market share of the Company also improved by about 4% with orders worth Rs.1899 Cr. booked in steel as well as in infrastructure sectors all over the country.
- Earning per employee increased by a whopping 75.94% from Rs.1.33 Crore to Rs.2.34 Crore, depicting much more cost effective business operations of the Company during the year.
- Growth Rates over the last 6 years from 2005-06 have been much higher compared with the overall industry growth rate of the country. The registered Growth Rates are Turnover : CAGR 22.94%, Order Booking : CAGR 28.08%, Operational Profit : CAGR 17.79% and Earning per Employee : CAGR 51.00%.
- Hon’ble Secretary (Steel) Sri D.R.S.Chaudhary inaugurated HSCL’s new Business Brochure at Udyog Bhawan on 27.6.2012.
- Hon’ble Minister of Steel inaugurated HSCL’s pavilion at the International Trade Fair ,2012 at Pragati Maidan.
- A Note on Integrity Pact Annual Review and Vendors Meet-2012 of HSCL was held on 30th December,2012 at Bhilai.
- HSCL released a CD to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. The CD contains 10 favourite songs of Swami Vivekananda.
- Award of Certificate of Excellence in Productivity, Quality, and Innovation & Management was conferred on HSCL by Institute of Economic Studies (IES).
- As a mark of recognition by the efforts of the company in use of ‘Hindi’ in official use HSCL was awarded the ‘Rajbhasa Purashkar’ by Town Official Language Implementation Committee on 30th August,2012.
- HSCL has been awarded with ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by Water Resources Department Govt. of Bihar for its execution of Koshi Disaster Management Project.
- ‘Certificate of Recognition’ has been awarded to HSCL by Essar Steel in association with E18 and CNBC TC18 for its contribution in building India’s infrastructure.
- The company has secured ‘Implementation of ESIC Medical and Dental College at Gulbarga, Karnataka’ as a PIU for an estimated value of `900 Cr, which is the biggest project in Building and Medical Infrastructure in the history of HSCL.
- ‘Implementation of 90 Nos of Disaster Shelters’ at South 24 Parganas in West Bengal as a PIU for an estimated value of `381 Cr under National Disaster Management Authority is another major order secured by the Company.
- In Tipania, Dhalai and Khalisahar three district hospitals of International Standard have been constructed in Tripura and all three were inaugurated in 2012.
- Steel plant business also experienced a boost with 5 Nos. of medium to high value packages secured under the capacity expansion programme of Bhilai Steel Plant for over Rs.300 Cr. This is a distinct indication of the Public Sector steel plants re-imposing faith on HSCL for delivery of their projects in time and as per the specified quality standards.
- HSCL has about ` 4000 Cr worth of orders in hand to enjoy a major market share in construction industry. These orders contain a few orders at the DPR stage or in an advance stage of negotiation.
- New Delhi Office at Scope Minar has already been inaugurated in the presence of Honourable Minister of Steel, Shri Beni Prasad Verma.
- HSCL has signed MOU with EDCIL for implementing education infrastructure in the country.
- MOU has been signed with TPE for taking up integrated steel plants, which the Company has expertise in.
- The Company has tied up with Cimprogetti, an Italian based Company, which deals with the design and supply of equipment and plants for the lime industry.
- The MOU between HSCL and Institute for Steel Development & Growth (INSDAG) had been approved by the Board of Directors for cooperation in design and execution of steel intensive projects in India. The Company is now constructing the INSDAG Building in Kolkata.
- The Company has also tied up with Zarubezhugol a Russian Company, which specializes in Coal Washery.
- Togoloise Republic has tied up with the Company to develop housing in Togo.